The southeastern PA region's largest energy services provider, PECO, has teamed up with ENERGY STAR ® to provide consumers with energy saving tools. PECO serves over 1.6 million electric customers and 485,000 gas customers.
This is a great example of responsible corporate behavior - a company acting in the best interests of their customers, not just the company's bottom line profit. If PECO customers follow the guidelines, they will dramatically lower their energy consumption. Bravo, PECO!
Visit www.PECO.com/save for energy saving tips and green information.
Consumers can learn about all sorts of energy saving (and money-saving!) tips by using an interactive "home tour" that features tips for every room of the house, and a link to EnergyStar's Consumer Pledge - a great way for individuals to help fight global warming.
This is not the only way PECO is becoming more eco-friendly.
Their recent initiatives total more than $15 million in investments, including:
- PECO's first "green building" in West Chester, PA.
- Installation of a "green roof"
- Multiple upgrades to company buildings to secure LEED Certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- Customer support for energy efficiency efforts.
- EasySave Energy Kits - for $20, consumers can purchase an EasySave Energy Kit that includes 3 Compact Florescent light bulbs, an LED nightlight, and a massaging showerhead and a kitchen faucet sprayer head, and several other eco-friendly goodies. (for $25 the showerhead is hand-held.)
I encourage everyone to take advantage of PECO's energy saving programs.