Everyone says that installing a toilet is pretty simple, but if you are not careful, you may get in over your head. Some tips to know while you or your plumber is installing a new toilet.
1. Make sure the water supply is turn off. You may think this is common sense, but so many get into the moment of changing the toilet, they forget minor things. I say this, only because I have seen it happen with Professionals. 2. Make sure the drain pipe is plugged up with an old rag or other material, so the gas fumes from the sewer to do not seep into your bathroom.
3. Make sure a new wax ring is used. This will ensure the best seal.
4. Make sure the floor flange and bolts are not damaged. If so, have them changed to ensure the toilet is properly secured to the floor.
5. Make sure the the nuts on the bolts protruding from the toilet are only hand-tighten. If too tight, the toilet may crack from the pressure.
6. Make sure that if a two-piece toilet is being installed, that the rubber washer is placed in between the two pieces. This prevents leaks.
7. And don’t forget the toilet seat. Most toilets do not come with the seat, so it has to be purchased separately.