City Care Clinic, located in Redmond, OR, was founded in February of 2006 and provides free health care to patients that:
- do not qualify for the OHP (Oregon Health Plan)
- are not on Medicare or Medicaid
- cannot afford health insurance
Currently, the cost of medications, tests, consults and hospital care are the patient’s responsibility, but the clinic is exploring various avenues in an attempt to acquire more support from the medical community to cover the costs of all aspects of health care. Donations and fundraising will also become a big part of funding ancillary services.
City Care Clinic is currently working under the non-profit status of City Center Church of Redmond, OR but is soon to have its own non-profit status. Oversight is provided by CCC’s Board of directors, comprised of community and church volunteers.
The goal of City Care Clinic: to provide health care free of charge in a Christian environment free from financial coercion.
- Care at CCC is not limited to Christian patients and patients will in no way be coerced or otherwise pressured to become Christian or “go to church”.
- All patients undergo a financial qualification process to show a true financial need and insure eligibility.
- Patients sign a contract with CCC to hold them accountable for their “medical behavior”. ”. For example, drug seeking activity or belligerent behavior in the office will not be tolerated.
The clinic was initially established as a clinic without walls in the office of Dr. Randy Visser of Internal Medicine Associates of Redmond.
- The completion of a free standing clinic is estimated for October 1st, 2008 and will be staffed by volunteer physicians, nurses and support staff, and initially open a half day per week.
- An associated pharmacy, Redmond Pharmacy & Compounding Center, greatly discounts medications, as well as many specialists that see CCC patients for free or at discounted rates.
- Central Oregon Radiology Associates donate a certain amount of radiology work for free.
Those involved are very excited at the growth of City Care Clinic and the ability to provide medical services to those who just plain can’t afford them and have no other means of assistance. This is meant to be informative to the residents of the Central Oregon area, but if you are moved to make a financial donation don’t hesitate to let me know!
Please pass this on to anyone you think should know!