I am very excited about the new LEED certified home that is going up at 3861 Kumquat Avenue. My wife (who is very green conscious) would kill to live here. Currently there are only 7 homes in the entire state that are LEED certified, none of which target the luxury high end market such as this one.
I spoke with the listing agent, Henry Padroso earlier this morning regarding an update on the project.
- Construction began 2 weeks ago, to be completed in late 2009, early 2010
- Originally designed to comply only with the minimum LEEDS requirements, the developer has gone through extraordinary feats to make the home LEED SILVER certified - which is extremely hard to do based on the fact that it is such a large home (5,000 square feet)
- Low E-glass
- Solar Panels
- Tankless Water Heaters
- The home features HURRI-green construction.
- In addition to the homes original “green” features, Henry told me that the home will now feature the most energy efficient air conditioner on the market. He called it the “Prius” of air conditioners. It requires 70% less duct work, and runs on half of the energy load. The reduction in air ducts improves the air quality promoting a healthier living environment.
- List Price: $2,199,000 (6 bedrooms, 5 baths | 5,000 square feet living space | 7,200 square foot lot)
I am proud to say that Coconut Grove is going to have the first luxury green home in the state of Florida! Henry told me that the developer is putting his heart and soul into the project. I think there is definitely a market for this kind of property.
To view this article in its original form, please click here.
Click here to view more posts regarding Coconut Grove Real Estate