It begins with curb appeal if you are trying to sell your home. Drive up to your home and look at it from a buyers perspective. Review and make a list of things that could add curb appeal to your home. It can be some of the following:
1.Repaint rusty wrought iron fence
2.Take out old dying shrubbery and plants
3. Add planters, or colorful plants around the perimeter of your home.
4.Clean up entrances to the house- throw out old papers, flyers and items laying around
5. Fix minor holes or cracks on the stairs leading to your home.
6. Repair a cracked walkway
7.Unclutter some of the shelves and tables in your house. put them in a box and store them
8. Dust off dusty areas
9.Add a handrail to facilitate safety for buyers when going up and own stairs
10. Use air freshener to combat smells from damp basement areas and animal areas
11.Maintain lawn and landscape your property to look appealing.
12. Get rid of old furniture or wood that is laying around.
13. Clean out garage so buyers can see the true space.
14. Have beds made and remove unwanted clutter from the rooms
15. Remove old wallpaper and repaint walls with popular colors
16. Repair any fixtures and faucets that are not working
17. Make sure there is adequate lighting in all the rooms. Replace light bulbs
18. Just look at your home as if you were going to buy it again. Ask a friend or relative to give you ideas to enhance the look of your house.
19. Do not do major renovations such as anew kitchen or bath- Give credit at closing instead
20. Price your House right and it will sell!