I was thinking this morning about writing today and trying to decide what to write about. I had so many things on my mind it was hard to decide. I often tell people that my mind is like clicking the channels up and down on the TV. It goes from one thing to another. Click..Click...Click... I suppose that it's a good thing to always be thinking about something, but it is also very tiresome. It's hard to get my mind to rest. Taking time off to relax has always been an issue.
Back to my post! (see what I mean?)
I read many AR blogs this morning and it seemed that most of the posts I read had an underlying tone of sadness, defeat, and despair. New Bankruptcies, Mergers, Corporate Failures, Hurricanes, Election Campaigns, Gas Prices, and the list goes on and on. It's enough to make us all want to just sit down and give up isn't it? Alas, the time has come for me to shower and get dressed and get out into the world and DO my job. But....but...but...I don't want to work today. I'm sad. What do I do?
When you get sick, you usually already know what's wrong with you. Even if you go to the doctor, your diagnosis is usually accurate. Life is like that too. You usually know what's wrong, and even how to fix it. Not acting on that knowledge is like going to the doctor for a prescription, getting it filled, and then not taking it.
Here's my prescription to get myself out of my funk today:
- Take a moment to be thankful. This morning, I am thankful that my real estate business wasn't washed away in the surf/floods like our dear friends in Houston & surrounding areas.
- TURN OFF the television!
- Put on some Happy Music! Whatever kind of music you like that motivates you is great!
- Dance! I'm alone and no one is watching, I am free to be me!
- Dress up! Walk out the door looking like I'm going to meet Donald Trump!
- Wear my Name Badge! Feel Proud To Be Who I AM!
- Stop at the nearest coffee shop and say hello to at least 3 people!
- Sing in the Car!
- Blow into my office like a hurricane! ( I should warn you that I am protected by an invisible deflector shield that will not allow negativity to penetrate!)
- Realize that " THERE ARE PEOPLE WAITING TO DO BUSINESS WITH ME TODAY!"
What's Your Prescription?