Agents Need To Hear Good News
Hey, the market is really good- or at least it has been for the past three months. So why are the media telling folks across the United States that the market is bad? Well, we really all know the answer to that; bad news makes better copy and brings in more viewers. Markets that were not doing well, like Florida, are recovering and their recovery may be because some of the foreclosures and short sales are being sold. But, a sale is a sale.
Here in my market (upstate New York) the first time buyer market is doing well and as a result the move-up price ranges are selling too. The interest rates are good; buyers are taking advantage of the First Time Buyer Tax Credit and let's not forget people want to own a home because it's a good investment.
At a broker open house today I heard a competitor complain about the market; this took me by surprise. At our sales meeting today we focused on all of the good things happening in real estate. Agents need to hear good news. By giving my agents good news I know that I am spreading the word to consumers. And if not us spreading the good news, who will?
Here are a few things we focus on:
- The Market Absorption rate for our market is 4.75 months. Six months ago it was at 9 months.
- Open houses are busy. And agents are picking up buyer prospects.
- This month my agents made 3 sales to folks they met at open houses
- Interest Rates are excellent. We anticipate they will remain good for a few more months
- There is a wonderful supply of homes on the market
- Appreciate is tracking at nearly 5% for the past 12 months
- Visual Tours and e-flyers are helping agents sell homes faster
- The SOLD sign an agent placed on her listing resulted in another listing in the neighborhood
- Two agents in my office got new clients as a result of the newsletters they mail each month
- As I write this blog, the agents are in the office (6:45PM) for our weekly Call Night
- We make calls to folks we met at open houses; past clients; current prospects; and general geo-marketing
I can only assume that the agent who complained earlier today is not pro-active. To make the market work for you, you have to work it.
So go on out and spread the word!