Okay, the kids are back in school and you are finally settling into a "normal" routine. You've been thinking all year about taking advantage of this great "Buyer's Market" and getting the newer, larger home your family would love. But is this the right time to sell?
Let me share some thoughts from my many years as a Realtor.....
- September is a GREAT month to put your home on the market to sell.
- Inventory is down from the busy Spring & Summer months but there are still BUYERS LOOKING for the right home. It might be YOURS!
- Some sellers take their homes off the market after Summer. That means less competition for you!
- The cooler weather makes it more fun to shop for houses, and Fall is sooo beautiful!
- The holidays are still several months away. Many people get serious about buying before the holidays.
- With vacations over, you get more traffic through your listing when your Realtor holds an "Open House."
- Your Realtor may have fewer listings in the Fall, and YOU will get MORE ATTENTION!
- Homes feel "cozier" and more "homey" in the Fall.
- A pot of HOT CIDER simmering or COOKIES baking are especially enticing this time of year.
- Interest Rates are still low and many smart buyers want to buy NOW. Smart Sellers have their homes listed NOW with a good Realtor!
There you go! Ten reasons to call your Realtor and get started in September!
Blogging is a new way for me to share. I hope you will keep coming back for more tips.
Getting more "ATTENTION" as a Seller is my next topic. --Susi--