About 2/3rds of our community are retired. But retired doesn't mean inacitve.
One thing is for sure, you will never run out of things to do or ways to serve Sun City,Okatie or Bluffton Community, Sun City Hilton Head is home to some of the most caring people you'll ever know. We have seniors who volunteer in local schools, thirft shops that serve cancer patients, church and more. Some are organized into special interest groups.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) within Sun City consist of civic, service and support groups.
Current SIGs include:
- Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Alzheimer Support
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE)
- Democratic Club
- Fair Tax
- Forum Club
- Government & Business Affairs Committee (GBAC
- Irish Heritage Society
- International Friendship Club
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
- Parkinson's and Related Diseases Support Group
- Physically Challenged Active Adults
- Sun City Republican Club
- Shalom Club
- World Affairs
If you can't find a group that you're drawn to, you can start your own, after you get your group approved.