Yesterday we had the ERA Utah Brokers Council training in St. George, Utah. Everent and Anna King from ERA King Real Estate, the # 1 ERA Brokerage for 2007, as the main speakers. Funny, bright and informative folks, they spent a good part of the day with us, and spoke the entire morning.
While there is too much to cover, several points were hammered home.
- If you are a professional, and you are, then dress like one
- Go to the office and get to work
- Don't be a Secret Agent - let your SOI know what it is that you do
- Everyone needs a web presence
- Expect the best from yourself
- Stay on top of the news and what is working, learn FHA inside and out
The list goes on, including a lot of fun chatter about Anna's shoes - but that is worthy of a entire blog in and of itself.
For the afternoon there was a roundtable discussion and the subject of Active Rain was brought up. Not once, not twice, but at least three times. Here's hoping that some of the folks in attendance yesterday will grab the opportunity available and get active in the rain.
Another focus of the afternoon was systems and training. Get a system in place that works for you, and no, we don't all have to use the same one, and get as much training as possible.
I'm glad I made the drive over to St. George to attend this training and on the way home, got a couple of beautiful photos by the Piaute Indian Reservation just outside of Fredonia, AZ. I'll post them as soon as I get the off my camera!