My wife and I just finished building a new home last week. My wife asked if we could move into it this past week. I said no way. You see, we had spent almost one entire year building this home. It's takeing a lot of money, but most importantly, it's taking a lot of itme. We have 5 kids and 1 niece who life's became intermingled with a lot of time being spent with our builder.
Sooooo, this past weekend, we went to our farm in Wisconsin. We have a farm that's really been converted to a nature conservancy. I told my wife no moving....I just want to be a family again for a week. Here's what we did;
1) Dine out at the all you can eat Pizza Ranch in Oostburg Wisconsin (famously known as the town where Screech from Saved by the Bell lives.
2) Next day stopped by my brother's house as a surprise....he wasn't in.
3) Had lunch and went swimming and played beach football on the beach in Sheboygan Wisconsin;
4) Took the kids to an old fashion dime and candy store...they each got 1 piece;
5) Went to church saturday night....it was awesome...I wish that church was in my hometown;
6) Ate out back at the farm and rode the 4 wheelers with the kids;
7) Built a big fire and told camping stories around the campfire;
8) Cleaned up this am and came home
Can't say that I conquered the wrold, but I can say that I conquered the family. My kids keep saying that I'm the best dad in the whole world....the 14 month doesn't, but then again she can't talk. I loved life this weekend. I feel that we bonded as a family. Now it's time for prayers and off to bed. Back in the saddle tomorrow.