Trade Shows are a great marketing source - a trade show is one of the few marketing functions where you can get in front of a lot of potential customers in a short period of time. The Simmons market research firm survey said that 91% of people surveyed said trade shows were their favorite source for purcahsing information. Think about it - people come to a trade show to buy because they are interested in the topic.
At Showhomes, we love trade shows and our franchisees have access to trade show boths and training on how to get good marketing results at trade shows.
Here are my top 8 tips for success at a trade show:
1. Have a plan- preferrably in advance
2. Market in advance - get the word out well before the show
3. Don’t forget PR and media- if you have good PR, leverage it
4. Stand out at the show! - be different to make your company stick
5. Have a script - know your pitch backwards and forewards and PRACTICE!
6. Make visitors ‘pay’ for information - Don't forget the purpose of a show is to get leads to call on
7. Build relationships with visitors - SMILE, make eye contact and get people talking
8. Follow up!!!- 79% of all trade show leads are never followed up. That's an amazing waste of marketing!
Have any tips of your own?