The common sense gene is missing from the gene pool

Real Estate Agent with HomeSmart Realty West CalBRE #01458572

A local story last week involved a fire that caused $125,000 in damage and displaced nine people in two families.


Comment at your own risk. If you comment here,
be prepared for me to visit and comment at your place,
usually within 7-10 days. So please,
have something for me to read and comment on.

Seems that a 15-year-old boy had used a piece of paper to light the cook top burner so that he could cook some food. What to do with that piece of paper. Ah, yes, what to do with that piece of paper. Why, simply throw it into the trash can. NOT!

The trash caught fire and started spreading, at which point the boy ran outside in a panic.

This is a great example of:

  1. Teaching children about fire safety
  2. Making sure that your gas cooktops have electronic ignition that works properly
  3. Having lock-out mechanisms on your cook tops, ovens, ranges, and possibly other other appliances to prevent their use by children or other unqualified people.

Teach your children!


Some of Jim's blog posts


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
ActiveRain Community
Inspired By Song!
Addicted to Active Rain
Blogs Happen...
home fires

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Linda Mae Croom
Topock, AZ
(928) 768-3040

Jim, Really enjoyed the Video. Hadn't heard that song in YEARS!

Oct 06, 2008 10:01 AM #1
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Jim Frimmer

Realtor & CDPE, Mission Valley specialist
Ask me a question
Spam prevention