Current real estate market statistics for Algiers LA zip code 70131 excluding English Turn:
- 218 active listings, priced from $22,000 to $990,000
- Average active list price is $191,697
- 8 listings are pending but continue to show, priced from $19,900 to $385,000
- 27 under contract, priced from $24,900 to $249,000
- Average days on market for pending sales is 86
- Based on September sales, there is over a year's supply of homes for sale in this portion of Algiers
Algiers LA 70131 Number of Homes Sold September 2008
The number of home sales in Algiers zip code 70131 has remained fairly steady during the 3rd quarter of 2008. However, with less than 10% of the available listings making it to closing each month, home sellers need to continue to review their pricing strategy to ensure that they remain competitive.
If other homes in your neighborhood have dropped their asking prices and you have not, you are at a distinct disadvantage when negotiating with buyers who have a large number of choices in today's market. Changes in the availability of credit have also reduced the number of buyers who are qualified to purchase, making the competition for buyers even stiffer.
Algiers LA 70131 Average Home Sale Prices in September 2008
The average sale price for September dropped substantially from August, but the average is a little misleading since there were 6 sales under $57,000 that skew the numbers a bit. If those extremely low end sales were removed, the average sale price would increase to $176,518.
This number seems more realistic to me, since I've seen quite a bit of showing activity in Tall Timbers, Park Timbers and New Aurora. A number of incoming military transfers to NAS JRB in Belle Chasse will take place before the end of the year and their home searches and purchases have already begun. While Belle Chasse seems to be the community of choice for many of them, lower home prices in Algiers make it a close second.
Correct pricing remains the most critical factor for home sellers not just in Algiers, but across the West Bank. While our area offers some of the most reasonably priced real estate in the metro area, condition and location must still be taken into account when determining the best price to get your home sold.
For a detailed look at home sales in your neighborhood or for a complete marketing plan, contact Lisa Heindel.
- English Turn: September 2008 Home Sales and Real Estate Market Reports
- Algiers LA 70131: August 2008 Home and Real Estate Sales
- 4 Things to Expect From Your Agent When Selling Your West Bank Home
- Are You REALLY Ready to Sell Your West Bank Home
- Home Selling Tips: Staging Your Home
All data provided by GSREIN and is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.