Ok, folks here we are, the 4th quarter, crunch time. My favorite time of year. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve. The weather is changing. We even had a cold front in Florida today. The temperature dropped all the way down to 87. Burrrrrr! It was freezing! Ok, maybe not.
Anyway, I hear, from different sources, that this is a slow period for Real Estate. People are gearing up for the Holidays and let's face it, who wants to move between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Well, if you have been reading my Blog, then you probably know by now, that I don't subscribe to the status quo. I just don't like it. To me the 4th quarter is a very important part of my business year. It's time for me to get busy and finish the year with a big bang. I have a quota to make and I'm not there yet.
Here's a short list of some things that may help you in finishing strong for the year. Also, you may pick up some listings, so you can have a good beginning for next year.
- Adjust your attitude. Expect to finish strong and you will.
- Reduce the price on your listings. Let the Sellers know they need to get under contract before the holidays.
- Increase your marketing.
- Be available. A lot of Realtors will be taking time off.
- Stay positive. Don't read negative news.
- Get out of the office and into your market area.
- Remind Buyers and Sellers that there are tax advantages to closing this year.
- Concentrate on Buyers and Sellers that need to move, job transfers etc.
- Offer a year end discount.
- Stay out of the mall!
These things are very basic, but believe me they will work. December is normally my best month for closings.
So, I don't know about you, but I think I will polish up my signs, load up on contracts and.............. go get me some of that business!