I was doing an inspection a while back, and pulled the cover off the electric panel in the garage to check it out. After I finished inspecting, I started to put the cover back on when the lights went off in the garage. I quickly checked to see if I had tripped a breaker, but none were tripped. NOPE!
I couldn't imagine that I did anything to cut off the power, especially since I didn't hear anything, and sparks did not fly, and I wasn't electrocuted.
I walked outside to see if there was something maybe going on at the meter and met a neighbor walking outside too. Seems the street lost power at the exact moment I was putting the cover back on. What are the odds?