We have ALL heard the statistics about how many buyers use the Internet during a home search and it's a lot of consumers. NAR's last study reported a little over 80%. So I get why Realtors are all "taking their ad dollars online". But what frustrates me and is mind boggling to me are all the Realtors who think that the internet is THE ONLY way to market themselves.
Hear me out, here's something to think about: Did you know our internet reaches over 2 Billion users globally? Today, consumers are spending more time on the Internet than watching Television. And nearly 80% of consumers now use the Internet at some stage in the home buying process. Did you also know about 80% of people use the Internet to research cars before purchasing? And did you know about 80% of people use the Internet to research an engagement ring before purchasing? And I bet for most EVERY major purchase 80% people use the Internet before purchasing ANYTHING. It's simply not that big of a deal that people are looking for homes online.
The Internet is a tremendous tool for researching things and that’s exactly what consumers are doing, researching. No one is going online to find a Realtor. In fact, only 3% of buyers and sellers go online to find a Realtor according to a N.A.R. study.
See, the thing is that opportunities to effectively brand yourself to the illusive internet shopper are typically few and far between, further defining the importance of a strong, consistent personal brand in your offline advertising.
As a Realtor, you are the CEO of your company. You Realtors need to get with it and realize advertising remains critical for business success. That’s why you see TV commercials for cars, hear radio spots for engagement rings and so on. Because the only reason any one will ever do business with you is because of your reputation and brand. There aren’t any marketing professionals or fortune 500 companies who buy the “internet only” strategy. Fact is, leading marketers and real estate experts ALL agree that the BEST strategy for Real Estate Agent today is an integrated advertising campaign (print and internet combined).
Want proof? Here are some FACTS:
1) Dan Gooder Richard, esteemed real estate marketing expert and author of Real Estate Rainmaker Guide to Online Marketing presents 20 rules for today’s practitioner. Rule #5 reads Old Rule: Online Advertising will Surpass Offline Advertising. New Rule: Integrated Offline and Online Promotion Wins Every Time
2) Speaker, trainer, author, and consultant Michael J. Russer, AKA Mr. Internet from Realtor.com says “a multi-channel approach in which agents and brokers blend traditional print advertising with all the new online opportunities can best maximize their return on investment”
3) Jay Conrad Levinson, the father of Guerrilla Marketing says “One of the key factors in marketing today is integration. Integrated marketing gives your campaign a life of its own.”
4) According to Consumer Reports the #1 advice to Home Sellers is...PICK THE RIGHT BROKER. Look for local agents who are listing, marketing, and selling in your community, even if the market is slow. Ask several of them to make a listing presentation to discuss your home's value, justify their numbers and explain how they would market your property"
5) According to a Study of US Recessions: Agents that aggressively marketed in a recession grew their sales AND profits by as much as 256% post recession over those that stopped advertising.
We provide our advertisers with integration of both Print and Online, the traditional and the technological, to reach across every consumer segment and to best maximize your return on investment. We know that utilizing an integrated strategy of print advertising, targeted direct mail and online marketing will make a profound impact on reaching a diverse demographic audience. It’s Everything working together that engages the largest group of prospects.