Boynton Beach Woman's Pets Killed In Fire
Neighborhood Comes Together To Help Animal Trainer After Home Destroyed
A Boynton Beach woman is now left to clean up the mess left behind by a fire earlier Monday.
To make matters worse, the blaze killed some of her pets.
Along Chrysanthemum Drive, the entire neighborhood came together to help Margaret Pittman after flames consumed her home.
"I was hoping that it wasn't anything, you know, like you don't believe it," Pittman said.
At about 4 p.m. Monday, a fire began inside Pittman's house in the Water Chase neighborhood.
"You couldn't even see the house 'cause the smoke was so bad. It was totally black all over and the back yard was really bad. You couldn't even see through it," neighbor Heidi Berger said.
Pittman, an animal trainer, had just come home from work. She was outside when she saw smoke coming out of her windows.
"I ran over and the whole house was filed in there," Pittman said. "I got the dogs out immediately and I just couldn't get to the cats."
The four felines died.
Investigators believe the fire started in the laundry room, where the drier overheated.
Pittman's dogs survived and so has her spirit.
"This is when you count on your friends," Pittman said.
Pittman said she staying with friends and will take life one day at a time.
"In regards to the above local news, please know that pet hair is a very problematic material inside the dryer vents. It almost always causes complete obturations of the vent because pet hair removed from clothes and towels is more abundant than lint. In the vent pet hair weaves itself causing very hard blockages. We know this because we routinely clean dryer vents in vet offices, pet salons, horse riding establishments, animal shelters and houses with multiple pets. In addition, Dryer Vent Wizard of Palm Beach has donated a very significant portion of their work to animal shelters such as "Grayhound Pets of America" and "Safe Harbor"."
Dryer Vent Wizard of Palm Beach along with its fellow nationwide franchisees is committed to preventing such tragedies by educating the public about the dangers of not maintaining the dryer venting system. http://www..dryerventwizard.com of Palm Beach inspects, cleans, maintains, alters, installs and tests dryer vent systems according to the most recent standards and building codes!
Dryer Vent Wizard of Palm Beaches