The word in our market went out the other day, and as expected, it turned a few heads. In our market, KW is pretty new, so not too many top agents are at KW or in many cases, even heard of it.
Many have asked me or emailed me to know why, so I thought I would blast the world. NO, I am not trying to recruit you. If I was, I would be calling you directly. You are all big boys and girls and can make your own decision of how your real estate career is or should be, so my post is for information only.
First, I have 30 years in the biz, many as a manager of large offices....... including my last office at Coldwell Banker. So, my background is what I would call a traditional large company mode. So, when I heard the KW model, I was pretty skeptical. This is really silly because I should have known about it. I moved from Texas 30 years ago and have relatives back there. My wife is from the Austin area, so we travel back there all the time. For those who don't know it, Keller Williams owns the market there. So, again .......duh! I had no idea.
Anyway, back to my story. If you will look at my profile, I could have chosen any company. So, the question get's raised again. why Keller Williams???? I have only been here a few week but here are a couple of things that I am very impressed by: (not necessarily in order of importance)
- Splits start at 70%, even for new agents
· There is a small max that an agent pays the company, then 100%. YES!
· The agents are partners, thus share 50% the office profits. $130 Million to date.
· Agents can buy into their offices to become owners to share the other 50%
· Office culture and direction guided by Agent Leadership Council - top 20% producers
· There is constant training, not just for new agents. Offices have 2-4 inhouse trainings per office and agents can attend any office's training if their office isn't doing that class this week
· There is in-house goal planning and coaching. No matter where you are in your career, this is impressive and much needed. too easy to get stuck in doing the same thing.
· There are about 200 training videos online on every conceivable subject. Most are done by top agents, not just some hired trainer
· Open financial books transparency to all the agents. Don't remember that one at CB
· Agent developed systems which allow agents to grow their business. Very impressive and very sophisticated.
· Lots of graphics and templates online for agent use
· There are support groups for top Mega agents and others and even seperate retreats
- Their national convention is very impressive. Literally hundreds of breakout sessions run by in the field top agents on every conceivable subject.
· Agents given lots of latitude to brand themselves, not the company.
· Fourth largest company is US, predicted to pass REMAX to become #3 soon
· Fastest growing company in US with 80,000+ agents
· KW Cares is their inhouse humanitarian effort. Their efforts following Katrina were pretty inspiring
· I am sure I am missing some ……
OK, I am more than a little impressed!