Hello cyber friends,
Since this is my first attempt at blogging I thought it would be nice to introduce our team to everyone. The WOW stands for Weidmann Or Weidmann. Our Real Estate Team is 1 branch and Our Remodeling Team, Weidmann Remodeling is the other branch. The concept is very unique in that we are very much separate companies but work together to help each client with their individual needs. Often a client doesn't know if they should sell or remodel. We walk them through the thought process of both.
So do I sell or remodel? Ah... the $50million dollar question! With interest rates so low and prices slashed there couldn't be a better time to BUY! The market is such that only the homes ON sale in great condition are selling. Our market demands impeccable interiors w/ sale price tags .... this is why "staging" has taken off as a cottage industry. If your heart is telling you to sell and get a better home while prices and interest rates are both uniquely low then don't be concerned about getting a 'haircut' on your existing home because you will reap the rewards when you buy the next home.
If however, your location and the bones of your home are both fabulous... then think remodel. When you update you feel like you have a new home. If the bones of your house are good you will have the chance to personalize to your lifestyle. By remodeling your Master Bath and / or Kitchen you can re-coop about 75% of the expense for the project on average.
Here are 5 things to remember when you are looking for the best RETURN ON INVESTMENT:
1. Stay within Neighborhood standards for your remodeling projects
2. Appraisal boosters... Additions that add the most value to your home are an extra bath, new office or spare bedroom.
3. Home Maintenance Items... NEW Roof, upgraded windows, & fresh paint which enhances curb appeal
4. Landscaping... Get rid of overgrown shrubs, add seasonal flowers, and replant w/ new shrubs for added value
5. Lifestyle projects... A sun-room, or Game room, a 'Guy cave'... add value but are more important to the homeowner than the overall measurable value of the home.
Hope this helps in defining a little bit of Who we are at the WOW team... perhaps our future integration of HOME articles and REMODELING articles will give you further interest in the 2 industries. They truly do intersect.
My Best Always,
Janet Weidmann (Team Leader of WOW real estate)