Commercial Loan Business - Where Are We Going?

By
Mortgage and Lending with Commecial Second Mortgage, Inc

 

As the commercial loan business seems to be in a state of shock and or a "wait and see" mentality it's important to keep ones perspective.  Yes we have problems that need to be addressed and resolved.  There is no doubting that.  But is the problem in the commercial loan business really as bad as the media portrays?  We think not. 

Every 10 to 15 years this country goes through a rescession and every time the media over blows it for their own self serving purpose of getting ratings.  It's a selfish model and we as a country pay for their greed.  The markets are largely dependant on our collective confidence in the system, and they are attacking that very thing.   The world is not coming to an end.  The fundamentals are still in place and it won't be long until this mess is a memory. 

For example, it's estimated that SBA commercial loans are down by 30% year to date.  30% is a lot yes, but what about the other 70%?  And down 30% from last year, which was one of the best years ever on record.  In addition, the default rates which where the lowest ever in 2007 are up only .08% as of 3rd qtr from year to date. 

So is now the time to leave the business?  Of course not.  Its survival time and time to continue to get better at what you do - brokering commercial real estate loans.  It's all about adapting and becoming more and more efficient.  Keeping costs low and working on deals that you know and understand is our strategy.    The commercial loan business is not going away.  As more and more people leave, the survivors will be in outstanding positions when the market returns to healthier levels. 

Jeff Rauth is President of Commercial Finance Advisors, Inc out of Birmingham, Michigan a national commercial mortgage brokerage firm.   He also has a STORE for commercial loan brokers.  Contracts, spreadsheets, books, etc.  Products starting at $5.  Check it out

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Tags:
commercial loans

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Ambassador
2,470,092
Fred Griffin Tallahassee Real Estate
Fred Griffin Real Estate - Tallahassee, FL
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker

     We invite you back to ActiveRain!

Much has changed since you last posted to ActiveRain.  I encourage you to take another look at the website.  Surf some blogs, leave some comments.  

  Best to you!  

Dec 20, 2017 08:27 PM #1
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
1,710

Jeff Rauth

Ask me a question
*
*
*
*