Whether starting a new business or relocating a business, West Hollywood , California is one of the best places to do it.
Here are a few of those good reasons:
- Business tax rates - West Hollywood sports one of the lowest business tax rates in the region. When compared to local cities, West Hollywood 's annual rates were lower than those surrounding cities. West Hollywood's annual business tax averages out to be twice as low as Santa Monica, three times lower than Los Angeles, seven times lower than Beverly Hills and almost ninety percent lower than Culver City. West Hollywood doesn't charge for utility or parking tax, and the city provides business tax credits to new businesses. New businesses are only required to file an initial tax certificate application and pay a $25 one-time fee.
- General office - In West Hollywood , a new general office will only cost $12,049 in taxes over the first five years. Compared to Beverly Hills ' cost of $38,062, Culver City 's cost of $40,180, Santa Monica 's cost of $62,500 and Los Angeles cost of $259,500, that's a lot of savings. Businesses will only pay $49 in business taxes over the first two years in West Hollywood . That's much less than surrounding cities.
- Professional office - West Hollywood 's new professional offices pay only $36,097 in taxes over the first five years. Beverly Hills pays $287,851, Culver City pays $120,000, Santa Monica pays $248,000, and Los Angeles pays $295,500.
- Retail - West Hollywood's new retail businesses pay $12,049 in taxes over the first five years, while Culver City pays $40,180, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica pay $62,500, and Los Angeles pays $73,999.
- Wholesale - In West Hollywood , wholesale businesses pay $12,049 in taxes over the first five years. Wholesale businesses in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills can expect to pay $62,500, Los Angeles wholesale businesses pay $59,001, and Culver City pays $50,225.
- Manufacturing - Manufacturing businesses in West Hollywood pay, on average, 4% less taxes than surrounding cities over the first five years.
- Personal services - Personal service businesses in West Hollywood will pay only $24,073 in taxes over the first five years. The only city with lower personal services taxes is Beverly Hills .
- Commercial property - West Hollywood's commercial rental properties will pay $24,073 in taxes over the first five years, while Beverly Hills will pay $1,175,000, Los Angeles will pay $73,999, Santa Monica will pay $62,500 and Culver City will pay $50,225.