i know when something is wrong with my husband. I get a HEY following be silence.
He went to his jo site this morning. His trailer locked had been cut and he had been robbed of every tool that he owned. $10,000 worth. Thank GOD the tires had been flatted on the trailer.
OUR INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER THE LOSS. Everyone needs an insurance check up!
Here are some important things we must remember:
1. We might want to make sure that our buyers have guaranteed replacement. However, be realistic. If you home was built in 1915 and has plaster, would you replace the plaster?
2. Take a video of what you have! Especially if you own a secondary home. I cannot remember half the things I have at the beach. Could I remember what when a hurricane comes?
3. I's important to know what your homeowners insurance covers and what it doesn't. For example, particularly pricey items such as big-screen televisions and fancy stereo equipment are often excluded from policies or, at the least, inadequately covered. The same goes for antiques, collectibles, expensive jewelry and furs. Ask for riders that specifically cover those items.
4. A great deal of home-office equipment, including computers, fax machines and copy machines, are excluded from most conventional homeowners policies. You have to obtain separate insurance to cover them.
5. If you see clients in your home office, insurance becomes particularly important: You will need liability insurance as well.
6. CHECK YOUR CAR INSURANCE! We ride around with people everyday. My buyer's agent had an accident last year with someone in the car with him. We need extra coverage!
Obviously, E and O! I am sure there is others I left out. Please learn from my mistake.