It's time for this week's Top Ten...
1. I'll start off with the election of a new president. I will not get into everyone's personal voting but I am more interested in the amazing circumstances surrounding it. I think we forget that it is an awesome and up until the last 25 years fairly rare moment to see a peaceful passing of power. Can you imagine years ago a leader such as King George III, Napoleon, Hitler, or Stalin, willfully to give up being the leader of their country just because the people voted him out or because he couldn't run for another term. I think not yet every four years we have this capability and have been the blueprint for other countries worldwide to follow. I know the real transfer of power doesn't happen until inauguration but it still is impressive.
2. I am a little confused with this early voting capability that states are offering. I understand the idea behind absentee ballots but I thought election day was November 4th. Isn't this for a reason? Thoughts?
3. I can't tell everyone how disgusted I am with the idea of Manny Ramirez getting the kind of money he's going to and probably from the Yankees!!! The guy is a thug and should be treated as such.
4. I was sad to see the death of Michael Creighton. He was a great writer who was an even better storyteller. I also understand he had some opposite theories on global warming that made him a pariah in Hollywood at the end. While I might not agree with him regarding global warming I applaud him researching the data and having his own voice.
5. If people are not watching the show House they are missing a great show. Hugh Lorie hits it out of the park as a brilliant and miserable cripple who cares only for the truth and has no problem lying to get it. Worth watching. I am also excited for the two hour 24 event coming up in November, I believe the 23, but could be wrong, TV needs you back Jack Bauer....
6. Who really cares what kind of dog Obama gets for his daughters in the White House. I have a feeling whatever they get will be brunt of jokes, like the ones that have come out about Obama since his election. Some funny stuff!
7. I happened to see an interesting story on the resurgence of the Erie Canal. For those of you that don't know, the Erie Canal connects the Great Lakes with the Hudson River and the Atlantic Ocean. It over the last century and a half has slowly fallen into obscurity as a result of the train and highway networks that crisscross the country. Now though with the price of transporting goods skyrocketing it has become cheaper to use the canal to ship some goods. Last year doubled the output of the previous years and they are expecting exponential gains this year with some plants considering relocating near the canal but there is nowhere to go but up in these statistics. Still though it's nice to see a piece of Americana still working.
8. This Saturday there is a big game in college football when #1 Alabama faces off against SEC foes LSU. This will mark the return of Nick Saban to LSU. I'm sure emotions will be riding high in this game!!! All I can say is Roll Tide Roll!
9. I seems likely that the government will be getting into the car business after reports that Ford is going through cash extremely fast. If considering that the government represents the people does that make Americans simply used car salesmen???
10. I will be very interested to see how many people George Bush pardons at the end of his presidency. I have a feeling that Karl Rove will be getting a blanket pardon to cover god knows how many laws he broke!
Have a great week!!!