|Volusia County Real Estate. Houses, condos and events blog. By Lisa C. Hill, "THE SMART CHOICE!"|
If you're considering buying real estate in Daytona Beach FL, you probably want to know the current climate of our real estate industry. I'm happy to provide you with that information. I'm way behind on this post, but "better late than never" =)
First of all, click here to view the 1st Quarter 2008 Volusia County Real Estate Sales and Market Report.
Next, click here to view the 2nd Quarter 2008 Volusia County Real Estate Sales and Market Report.
Each of the preceding links also include a data chart to mirror the text, as well as a comparison chart, tracking the annual real estate sales since the year 2000.
Now for this year's 3rd quarter real estate sales and market data. My own real estate sales picked up quite a bit in the 3rd quarter, but I wasn't sure if it was just my own Web 2.0 marketing efforts and real estate listing videos (which got a LOT of views in this time period!), or if our entire are was showing signs of improvement. Well, the good news is, our entire area showed significant improvement. Much fewer real estate listings went on the market in the 3rd quarter, and much more real estate sales were closed in the 3rd quarter. It was an all-around win-win for real estate for Volusia County.
Now if you're not familiar with Volusia County, it is the Daytona Beach area. It also includes Ormond Beach, Port Orange, New Smyrna Beach and several other cities. Here is the text breakdown for our 3rd quarter real estate sales. We'll start with how many new real estate listings were placed on the market during the 3rd quarter (there will be some re-listed properties in this number as well) You'll see a slight separation of the last 2 cities because although the distance between the far north end of east Volusia County and the far south end of east Volusia County, the Daytona Beach area and the New Smyrna Beach are have seperate REALTOR® Associations and MLS's. I'm a member of both REALTOR® Associations and sell real estate in all of east Volusia County. Being a Daytona Beach Native is a huge benefit when it comes to selling real estate =)
Now for the East Volusia County 3rd Quarter 2008 Real Estate Listings Data...
- Daytona Beach real estate listings 466
- Daytona Beach Shores real estate listings 199
- Holly Hill real estate listings 87
- Ormond Beach real estate listings 437
- Ormond-by-the-Sea real estate listings 54
- Ponce Inlet real estate listings 78
- Port Orange real estate listings 336
- South Daytona real estate listings 73
- Wilbur-by-the-Sea real estate listings 9
- Edgewater/Florida Shores real estate listings 152
- New Smyrna Beach 382
And now for the East Volusia County 3rd Quarter 2008 Real Estate Sales Data...
- Daytona Beach real estate sales 122
- Daytona Beach Shores real estate sales 51
- Holly Hill real estate sales 28
- Ormond Beach real estate sales 166
- Ormond-by-the-Sea real estate sales 37
- Ponce Inlet real estate sales 31
- South Daytona real estate sales 34
- Wilbur-by-the-Sea real estaet sales 2
- Edgewater/Florida Shores real estate sales 12
- New Smyrna Beach real estate sales 10
As usual, Port Orange fared pretty well, but all I can say for New Smyrna is "OUCH"!
Keep checking back as I isolate and post the updates for each individual city.
For all your real estate needs, make a Smart Choice and contact Lisa C. Hill with Adams Cameron & Co., REALTORS.