A buyer drives up to see your house. What is their first impression of your home? Does it look neat and tidy? Does it look like a place that they can see their friends and family happy to visit them at? Or are they distracted by an ill-maintained yard or spider webs across the entry way?
Curb appeal is crucial when selling your house. It is the buyer's first impression of the house. Set the tone right with a few simple improvements.
Does your curb appeal say, "Pull up a chair, relax, and grab a glass of lemonade"?
Or does it say, "Grab your scrub brush, gloves, and some heavy duty elbow grease!"
Go outside. Stand in front of your house. Take a look. Imagine it from eyes of a buyer seeing it for the first time. What does your house say to you?
Mow, Edge & Rake
- Give your lawn a good cut.
- Give the lawn crisp, straight edges.
- Pull weeds and remove weeds from the sideway cracks.
- Make clean edges between plant beds and lawn either by digging slight trench or adding pavers.
Prune & Mulch
- Cut back any overgrown hedges. Make sure you can see details of the house like the windows.
- Mulch planting beds.
- Look up, sideways and around. Remove all spider webs from the house.
- Rake leaves, collect fallen branches, remove any debris from yard.
- Wash outdoor furniture.
- Power wash stains from driveway, patio or deck surfaces.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Consider repainting or retouching exterior paint.
- Stain old fences or decks.
- Stain can also be used to freshen patios or concrete surfaces.
- Add annual flowers in planters or in landscaping beds. A little bit of strategic color goes along way.
- Would your front door would look more appealing in a contrasting color?
Front Door & Entrance
- Check function and look of door knobs and locks. The buyer will stand at the front door, while the agent gets the keys and unlocks the door. Front door knob should look appealing and function properly.
- Check for contrast, sparkle, or shine. This can make the entrance more appealing by changing light fixtures or light bulbs or even simply adding shiny new house numbers.
Some time spent outside will improve the curb appeal of your house. You don't have to spend a fortune. Simple changes can make a big impact and help make sure that buyers see the good things about your home.
Crye-Leike, Realtors has experience in selling homes and can advise you on techniques to get your home sold quickly. If you are interested in selling your house, contact Crye-Leike. We will provide a complimentary evaluation of your home's value as well as help you prepare to sell and then market through our ever growing network of resources. Sell My House With Crye-Leike.
Crye-Leike sells property in the following states: