Your mindset is typically positive each day and facing the challenge of finding new prospects to purchase a home or list their current home. Today's economy has affected your business when you look at mortgage lenders, buyers, sellers and the current housing market conditions. Waking up each morning to pick up the newspaper or turning on the television impacts your start of the day with more doom and gloom negative information. You obviously are a strong-minded person and do your best to not to think about the negative information. The information still hangs in your subconscious rolling around in the back of your mind.
You may see yourself falling in this category or know some of your colleagues, friends, family members, homebuyers, and home sellers. Many individuals and families are behind on her bills, both for their personal and their business bills. They are not producing enough revenue to keep afloat and the little revenue they do have is shrinking each and everyday. Many jobs are being lost each day affecting families across the country.
Now they start facing mental distress and feel suffocated. They may feel paralyzed and have no idea what to do. It starts to affect your health, your marriage, your financial and emotional life. Many individuals become scared and start to experience paralysis of the brain. The fear has caused them to shut down and literally become mentally frozen.
Have you ever had that happen to you? Many of us have and I certainly have at different stages in my life. The question is not if it will happen to you. The question is how long it will last. That will determine if you will succeed or fail. I never allow it to happen more than a few hours or one day at most.
Here are some ways to overcome the mental distress you may be facing.
1) Clear your mind and get away. Grab a pen and notepad and turn your cell phone off. Get in your car take a long drive to get away from distractions or interruptions.
2) Write it down. Start by writing out the problem you are experiencing. Write down your mental and physical assets. What knowledge do you have? What experiences have you had both positive and negative. What relationships do you have that may be helpful? Look at your problem, evaluate your assets, and find the solution.
3) Find a mentor. Sometimes it is good to share your problem with someone you respect and they may be able to help you find a solution.
4) Listen to some motivational articles for read some motivational books. This may spark a great idea to implement right now. It will also help listening to positive information rather than the negative information in the media.
5) Do something different. Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result is Insanity.
Take action immediately! Do not be a master procrastinator!
Subscribe to my blog, I will be sharing free marketing ideas and videos in the next few weeks.