It is time for some Longboat Key market updates. October was a pretty slow month for Sarasota and the barrier islands. That is not unusual for this time of year.
If you don't know anything about Longboat Key it is an eleven mile long barrier islands off the coast of Sarasota, Florida. Located south of Bradenton Beach, north of Lido Key it is surrounded by the calm clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico and Sarasota bay. The south end has easy access to all of the amenities of Sarasota and St. Armands Circle. The north end is closer to Bradenton and everything it ihas to offer.
Real Estate on Longboat Key is made up of condos, single family homes, resorts and commercial property. It is the only barrier island off the coast of Sarasota that has a golf course. The island has a more pristine feelto it than Lido Key, Siesta Key and Casey Key. People who want the more manicured feel would appreciate Longboat Key over the other barrier islands off the coast of Sarasota.
Longboat Key Homes
* 5 single family homes sold in October 2008 (That stinks)
* Least sale - $315,000
* Most sale - $3,300,000
* Median sales price - $842,000
* 175 single family homes currently for sale
* Least expensive - $160,000 (mobile home)
* Most expensive - $12,000,000
* Median asking price - $1,299,000
Longboat Key Condos
* 16 condos sold in October of 2008 (ouch!)
* The price range was from $205,000 to $2,600,000
* The median asking price was $700,000
* 424 condos currently for sale
* Least expensive condo - $142,000
* Most expensive condo - $5,000,000
* Median asking price - $625,000
This could be a great time to buy your own slice of paradise. Click the following links to view condos for sale on Longboat Key or homes for sale on Longboat Key. To view anything for sale call me at 941-812-6272.