Well, it is almost upon us; apart from a few occasional days of almost summer like weather, we are quickly moving into some colder days.
If you havent had your home tested for Radon yet, now is the time, because It is much easier to follow the Closed building conditions during winter. WHAT ARE THE CLOSED BUILDING CONDITIONS YOU ASK?
HERE THEY ARE, from the RADON DETECTION SPECIALISTS WEBSITE:
CLOSED BUILDING CONDITION REQUIREMENTS
• All windows in the house (including the basement) must be kept closed.
• All doors leading to the outside must be kept closed, except for normal entry and exit (60 seconds or less).
• Heat and air conditioning may be used, with fan in the AUTO mode.
• Whole house fans should not be used.
• Ceiling fans, portable dehumidifier and air filters should not be used within 20 feet of a monitor.
• Fireplaces should not be used during the test period and the flu damper should be kept closed.
• Dryers, range hoods and bathroom exhaust fans can be used in moderation.
• If your home has a radon mitigation system, the system shall be running for at least 24 hours prior and continuously during the testing period.
• All accessible basement windows have been sealed with red anti-tampering tapes that must remain intact if this test is to be considered valid by the Department of Nuclear Safety Standards.
• If home is unoccupied, heating or air conditioning system must be set between 67-77F with fan in AUTO mode.
Schedule your measurement now by calling me at 708 456 1423