Remember the Sunday afternoon drive? That was a standard family activity until the mid 50's. Well, the seven mile drive from US 1 in Lorton east on Gunston Road to and from Hallowing Point would qualify as a Sunday afternoon drive. It is a relaxing, scenic drive
Hallowing Point is the epitome of living on the Potomac River in Northern Virginia. The custom homes are on large lots with fantastic vistas of the Potomac River and Maryland. The community has its' own park and boat launching facility right on the river.
The interesting point is that you pass through several very prominent historical sites, parks and open pasture land to get there.
- Pohick Church - It was located in a frame building at Old Colchester Road and Gunston Road. No less than 3 prominent 18th century "personages", George Washington, George Fairfax and George Mason IV disagreed on relocating the church to its' present location at US1 and Old Colchester Road - GW won the day.
- Cranford United Methodist Church It was moved to the old Pohick Church site, has been rebuilt and remodeled to its' present condition.
- Pohick Bay Public Golf Course is an extremely popular course operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority
- Pohick Bay Regional Park has boat launch facilities, small boat rental, camping, cabins, shelter rentals and a public pool
- Gunston Hall This is the home of 18th Century patriot, George Mason, and is open to the public
It is about a 15 minute drive to both the Lorton VRE rail station and the Lorton intercgange to I-95, facilitating the trip to the Pentagon and Washington, DC
If you are planning to purchase a home in Northern Virginia please use our
and then contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-562-1532. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.