The Living Areas: Think of these areas as if they were furniture showrooms. Your job is to make each room generate a positive response. Add touches that make a room look truly inviting.
• 46. Sweep and clean the fireplace. Place a few logs on the grate to create an attractive appearance. You are welcome to have a fire going for showings during the winter months ... it creates a great atmosphere.
• 47. Place something colorful on the mantel, but don't make it look like a country craft store.
• 48. Improve the traffic flow by removing excess furniture. Have easy traffic flow patterns. Be sure that all doors open fully and easily.
• 49. Draw attention to exposed beams or a cathedral ceiling with special lighting. Be sure to remove any cobwebs and dust.
• 50. Remove oversized television sets if they dominate the room. If necessary, substitute with a smaller one until you move.