EZ.. . really,really EZ Bookworm MEME...maybe for a green-eyed cat...
My friend Ann Cummings just sent along what she describes as an "easy meme"...
HA! I say this is a mighty challenge...
Here are the EZ rules:
1. Grab the nearest book. (not so EZ to do on my desk! )
2. Open the book to page 56. ( wait...I need my glasses)
3. Find the fifth sentence. (OK)
4. Post the text of the next two to five sentences. (OK! I'm on it! )
5. Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one.
Pick the Closest. (the closest, eh???)
6. Tag five people to do the same
HMMMmmmmmm!!!! l I see 50 reference books...NAH.... Not a sentence among ‘em. There's a novel down by my feet...one of the high adventure and romance Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon a look at this depiction of Jamie Fraser, the hero!!! ...I'm on the fifth in the series...each is about 1,000 pages long...but that's not "closest"...
What's this/\?? EUREKA! A book right here on the desk... Awakening Loving-Kindness by one of my all-time favorite teachers, Pema Chödrön. . Here is what is on page 56, that is the 5th sentence:
"Along with being very precise about our world, there's also always space around us that is called gentleness: we allow ourselves to experience how large and fluid and full of color and energy our world is. This space is our circle. "
..SO, if you are reading this, certainly YOU must be part of that space and that circle, and I am grateful for this. . .AND... now comes the fun part - tagging FIVE others to play along with this bookworm meme! Here they are:
- Pete Jalbert http://activerain.com/petejalbert
- Jo-Anne Smith http://activerain.com/bellevillehomes
- Lola Audu http://activerain.com/auduhomes
- Joan Whitebook http://activerain.com/nhbuyerrep
- Brad Andersohn http://activerain.com/activebrad
Have fun!! Post a link to your meme here in the comments so we don't miss reading it! OK?
and I hope you find this MEME as much fun as I did...