Beautiful 1940s Country Home on almost 2 acres, backs up to wildlife refuge on three sides of the property...
· Peaceful, Private, Forested surroundings with fruit trees, wildflowers, water features, formal as well as domestic gardens...
· In the interest of going green, current owners planted 25 plus varieties of trees and shrubs over a period of fifteen years, since 1995.
· Country setting with plenty of wild-life, yet this home has all the conveniences located near schools, a major golf course [ Wakefield Country Club ] and 'just around the corner' from small-medium as well as large-sized shopping malls and strip commercial centers.
· This beautiful forest setting is near to five major grocery store chains while there is plenty of space for your organic garden. Trees, lawns and shrubs have only been cared for with organic material, no chemicals or harmful pesticides have ever been used.
· Less than a half mile from historic main Street Westminster, Maryland. Located just blocks from old Western Maryland College, now renamed McDaniel College recently...
· 7ft x 30ft., approx., raised private veranda accessible directly off living space. Living room features fully glazed window wall in the living room with window seating and built-ins galore...opposite a working fireplace!
· Large Rooms including 12x22ft Living Room area, 13x10ft Modern Kitchen and a 13x14ft dining room (sizes approx).
· Home sits off of main highway on a private access road.
· Newly renovated Walkways with new Pressure Treated Decking and Railings -private garden walkways provide direct access from garage and on-site parking areas as well as views of the Appalachia, South Mountain and mountain ranges North beyond the Monocacy Valley -in winter Sugar Loaf Mtn. can easily be seen as a backdrop to the Southwest for this lovely all natural place in the woods...
· House and Garage recently painted inside and out with low VOC Sherwin Williams paint.
· All Like-New appliances and total renovation: Italian Metric Oversized custom tile work in Kitchen main area which is large enough to be used as an eat-in kitchen., tiled wet cores and counters, new light fixtures, luminous ceiling, vanity, and new carpeting throughout with many updates including new heating systems.
· Move in condition shows like new with three bedrooms without the developer price tag!
· Plenty of space for RV parking and extra visitor/guest parking in front of two car garage
· Every room in this International Style home has its own country view-light and air, designed by well known local Architect Starr, designed for the original owners to relieve the stresses of work and life in the big city...
· Beautiful French Doors separate formal dining and open kitchen, kitchen has a luminous ceiling with dimmable task lighting features...
· Whole House Wireless GE Security System.
· Satellite system-two node Satellite dish for TV and Internet, all cable installed, with modem and receiver
· Comcast box and cable has been installed recently as well as owners weatherized box for two line phone
· Side exit-private garage door opens next to front courtyard adjacent to side porch and utility room entrance to home.
· Design by Architect Starr of Harrisburg, PA in 1948, this is an all brick over concrete Custom-Owner Built home by WMC Professor Earp, in association with Mechanical Engineering Students from Western Maryland College 1948-1950.
**HMS Warranty included for buyers peace of mind