Here are some quick tips to getting inbound links. For those of you on the quest these ideas might help.
The key to getting people to link to you is establishing a dominant presence. If you become the authority in your marketing area (Westwood New Jersey) people will naturally want to link to you. Here are a few ways you can grow your inbound links.
1) Articles: Articles are a great way not only to develop good quality content but also a great way to get good content into the search engines. So what so I do after I write an article, you submit them to an article directory. To find article directories, Google 'Real Estate Article Directories'. Wondering what to write about? Well that is simple, write about something you know - REAL ESTATE. Also try to focus that in your marketing area. New Jersey Home Trends, Schools in Essex County, etc.
2) Blogs: Blogs are like virtual journal that are organized by categories. In the beginning people used them to write diary type notes. Now a days people are using them as a content driving presence to propel their Real Estate marketing. Excellent places to get started in blogging are; activerain.com blogger.com or wordpress.com. These sites are all free. They do however have some paid upgrade services.
3 ) Trackbacks: A trackback is a method for Web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. This enables authors to keep track of who is linking, and so referring, to their articles. Some weblog software programs, such as Wordpress, Movable Type, Typo and Community Server, support automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published.
4) BlogCommenting: This is the easiest way to get your links out there. What you do is go to other blogs (Authority Sites) in your industry and become a regular contributor. You can also comment blogs. When you do comment also provide a link back to your website or blog. The more links you have pointing back to you, the more popular you get. Also, when you become a major contributor/commenter, people start valuing your opinion more.
5) Listing Syndication: Syndicate your listings. By doing this you are getting inbound links out to the world and also exposing your listings to a greater audience.
6) Vendor Associations - Ask someone yo work with like a mortgage broker or home inspector to place a link on their website. Sometimes the people we know best are a strong repository for inbound links.
If you found some other ways please share....