BLOG SENSE: Common sense out there on the Internet . For the real estate professional, it is based on good familiarity with the real estate Web 2.0 environment, real estate social networks, and "blogosphere". And it means authentic/original BLOG posts with relevant information for interested readers.
Making sense of where you stand (see photo) in a challenging real estate market with surprises along the road is important. A clear voice signaling the way is much appreciated. An authentic voice can further alleviate concerns for the consumer-facing public and even could be helpful for those real estate people new to blogging.
Lately I've been wondering if blogging in a social network such as Active Rain may be critical to a future career in real estate.
But two obstacles come to my mind:
- blogging requires effort
- for some, a considerable wariness of " putting themselves out there " on the Internet could be deterring factor.
I've heard folks say, "But what if I approach blogging in the ‘wrong' way- could I be immortalized online in a way that is embarrassing or defeats my purpose?
Good question, especially considering that what one puts out there could stay out there ad infinitum. Before leaping into the ethers, positioning yourself to succeed makes sense. Recently I wrote a post on "horse sense" that seems applicable in terms of BLOG SENSE. Here are a few things I suggested:
- Walk the land. ... Get out in the "blogosphere" (the land) and start getting a feel for it just by actually experiencing it.
- Check to see if there are rocks, holes, trees that are toxic to horses ...Check to see what is attractive and what is NOT attractive, or could be a "pitfall" to you (rocks, holes)
- Grab some dirt and consider the condition of the soil ...Check to see who is there (the "soil" )at various social networking places
- Check the water source. ..Look deeper. What kind of technical support (water source) might you expect.
- Investigate the quality and condition of barns, stables, etc. ...Look at specific BLOGS and check out your niche market to see the level of expertise and coverage is being offered. (quality and condition)
For the REALTOR® who hopes to connect with an interested audience, experience tells me that thoughtful participation in social marketing networks such as the favorite of 100,000+ real estate professionals, Active Rain, is seriously valuable. In fact, participation with BLOG SENSE could be essential. What do you think?
Curious about green building, remodeling and eco-communities ? Simply pedal on over to the convivial blogger Greenolina's "Green Wheels" BLOG and SUBSCRIBE
(*)/'(*) .......... ............to keep on rolling into the sustainable world you can create today and tomorrow!. ......................... .............
BLOG SENSE Everyday Smarts for Out There in Real Estate Web. The Eco-Steward Firm, ALL Eco-Certified® Real Estate Consultants! Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved