|Daytona Beach Real Estate & Community Events blog. By Lisa C. Hill, "THE SMART CHOICE!"|
A belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. In the U.S., if you're a real estate agent, a mortgage specialist, a real estate attorney, a closing agent, a home inspector, or someone who has anything to do with the real estate industry, you're more than likely experiencing hard times. In light of these difficult economic times, most of us have been cutting back more and more and more; doing everything we can to keep our heads above water. It can be easy to start feeling sorry for yourself; especially if you add health problems to your list of difficulties. But if you stop focusing on your lack of real estate business, or whatever else you feel is holding you back, you just might see that it could be much worse.
Consider the extreme difficulties of our soldiers, people who are starving to death, those who are dying of AIDS (or any life-threatening disease), those who live in countries where they're in constant fear of their lives, the thousands of people who are losing their homes, and the many other extreme difficulties that exist... even if you're one of the people I just described, you can find reasons to be thankful.
We all have good things on which we can choose to focus. So I thought I'd share my short list with you. Then I'd like to see your list. The more difficulty you have in making a list, the more important it is that you do so. Because how you think, is what will determine your attitude, and even your level of success in life.
I'm thankful for...
- My husband (yesterday was our 10th anniversary) =D
- A good marriage
- A wonderful daughter
- The ability for her to attend college
- Her special and unique personality
- My parents and extended family
- My home
- Our vehicles
- Clean water... hot water... cold water
- My church family
- Blue skies
- White fluffy clouds
- Living in Florida
- Frogs (yes, I like frogs)
- Our Queen palm trees and our Foxtail palm tree (I love these trees)
- My neighborhood
- My career
- My husband's job
- My kitty (even though he just cost of a lot of money in vet bills)
- Our ability to pay for those vet bills
- Our computers
- Video games
- MMORPG's (they're online games)
- My blogs (they bring me business)
- My web site (more business)
- The voice God gave me, with the ability to sing
- The ability to write songs
- My friends (both off and online)
- My fluffy pillows and comfy bed
- Air conditioning
- Even though I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have a lot of pain, it could be a lot worse. So I'm thankful that it's not worse.
- I'm thankful that I'm able to be confident and decisive
- I'm thankful for all of my real estate clients; past, present and future...
Obviously I could go on and on. But you get the idea. When we focus on the good things in our lives, it becomes easier to think of more good things. Even with Fibromyalgia, I can be thankful for the fact that it's not life-threatening or crippling; and even though I've had to give up many things because of it, I still have so many other things for which I can be thankful.
This is only a portion of my year-round Thanksgiving list. What's yours?
If you're a real estate buyer or seller and would like to work with a "thankful" REALTOR®, make a Smart Choice and contact Lisa C. Hill with Adams Cameron & Co., REALTORS®.