With the economy in a recession and people trying to cut costs where they can I thought I would repost this blog. I hope you find it useful!!!
Here are a few ways that I was able to lower my monthly bills that I thought I would share with everyone...
- Review your monthly cell phone bill - if you are not using all of your minutes see if you can switch to a less expensive plan
- Call your cable company and tell them that their competitor (i.e. Cablevision vs. Direct TV) has offered you a discounted package if you switch to their service. I did this last week and saved $80 per month on my bill (Cable, internet and phone). It only took a quick phone call!
- Turn the dial on your water heater down. You will still have plenty of hot water!!!
- Turn your heat down by 5-7 degrees when you go to work
- Take a defensive driving course to lower your car insurance bill
- Call your credit card company's and ask them to lower your interest rates (nothing ventured nothing gained)
- Buy an entertainment book - this book is filled with coupons and discount savings on everything from restaurants, movie theaters, travel, automotive service discounts, dry cleaning, etc.
Hope these ideas can be of assistance. Happy Savings!!!