As the weather is now finally getting warmer and people are starting to think about "Spring Cleaning" I thought I would provide you with some interesting information about how to get rid of unwanted clutter that can accumulate around the home.
Most people find it difficult to let go of seldom-used objects. But getting rid of clutter gives you more space and room to move. To pare down your belongings, hold a garage sale or donate gently used items to your favorite charity. Take well-worn or broken items to the dump.
A garage sale is a fun way to let go of rarely used treasures. It is sometimes easier to let go of your favorite book, nightstand, or pressed-glass serving dish when you know someone else will enjoy it.
How to have a successful garage sale:
- Attract more attention by combining your sale with a neighbor's.
- Advertise in many ways: classifieds in the local newspaper, notices in local stores, Internet ads.
- Take the time to price all items. Remember, you want to sell them, not keep them.
- Make your sale easily visible from the road: post many signs and balloons.
- Keep your house locked -- and the keys with you.
- Rearrange goods several times during the sale.
- Be a friendly seller--but let buyers have their own space.
- Expect early buyers and have plenty of change.
Hope these useful tips will help you get rid of any unwanted clutter!
Phillip Cross, e-PRO, REALTOR®
Helping people achieve their dreams, one home sale at a time.
RE/MAX 1st Advantage
2033 E Joppa Rd Parkville, Maryland 21234
Office: (410) 882-6000
Mobile: (443) 677-7114
Serving Buyers & Sellers in the Greater Baltimore Metropolitan Area