I have heard lots of outgoing messages on voicemail and some of them make me think that the agent did not read or listen to the directions! Have you called someone and the name announcement turns out to be the whole message? You have to listen to this long drawn out message that is supposed to just be "EVA WILSON" to let you know you are leaving a message in the right box? Or how about the one that has nothing for the name announcement. Or the one who has the longest message known to man and doesn't tell you how to skip it? Since this is the first time most people will get to put a voice with your face, you may as well make it special. Let me tell you the messages that I REALLY like...
1) The one that tells you the day that it is. The agent says something like - "It is Monday, April 23, 2007. I am sorry... blah, blah, blah." That makes me think they may actually check my message and call me back this month.
2) The one that starts with, "It's a great day at..." Even if it is raining and cold, I feel like it really could get better and well, it is a great day somewhere!
3) The one that tells you to press something at any time to bypass this message. Those are really my favorites.
4) The ones that say I will call you back within the hour. I don't like the ones that say I will call you by the next business day, because if it is Friday, I feel it is hopeless to get a call back in a reasonable amount of time.
5) The one that is just a beep. It lets me really get creative and longwinded. I need that some days. Your voicemail is my creative outlet.
So what do you love/hate about outgoing voicemail messages?