Okay, business aside, have you taken a break today? I know, I live it too! Transporting kids, work, errands, shopping, grocery stores, cooking, cleaning, family needs, friends . . . shall I continue? I know I can only speak as a woman, but, especially at this time of the year, we seem to get the lion's share of the details of the season and it can really be a load on our heads. I don't need to tell you that it's not how it should be. You already know that, but you're still a mom/wife/daughter/
sister/aunt/neighbor/friend! (Well those of you who are women! You guys, not so much! LOL)
Still, it's hard to really experience the joy of this blessed season when you're stressed, hurried, and trying desperately to keep all your "ends" tied together. May I make a suggestion? Please, make a priority of taking some time every day (even if it is just 5 minutes) and do something to bring you joy.
- Look through your scrapbook.
- Watch part of a Christmas movie.
- Sing some carols with your kids.
- Read the Christmas story in Luke 2.
- Read a chapter of a good book.
- Take a lovely smelling bath.
- Build a fire and enjoy it with a cup of cocoa.
- Sit and gaze at your beautiful tree.
- Write a note about a special ornament and what it means to you.
Take a moment and reflect - not on what you need to do next, but on your blessings or your successes! Just that moment can really refresh and renew you!