Since we all are in interactive positions with the public, it has for years been my mission to spread the word about electrical extension cord hazards to seniors, small children, pets and people in general.
Cords under rugs for lighting can be a real trip and fire hazard, cords hanging over countertops pose a
serious risk for pulling over hot appliances, cords across lawns for lighting and blow up ornaments can be
a deadly shock hazard, water and snow interact with electricity very well
Outlet and power strip overloading and overheating is another disaster that can easily be avoided with a little common sense.
Extension cords that are being flooded into stores from foreign manufacturers using substandard wire and components, although the prices are cheap they are junk and dangerous.
Cats are fond of using the christmas tree as there own personal domain and dogs sometimes like to chew on window candle hanging cords, all with heartbreaking results.
Help me spread the word and maybe we can all avoid that tragic news article in our areas this season.
Happy Hoidays and may god bless!
Jeff and the RMS Electric family
Subscribe to CommentsComment