Here are the top 10 things that agents have done over the holiday that really worked for them:
1. Hold an Open House - even if that is not normally what you do, the consumers who are out looking are serious, otherwise they would be shopping or at home eating "figgy pudding"
2. Join a social network, like Face Book or LinkedIn. It is a fun and easy way to build your sphere and create an online presence.
3. "Drop-by" your past clients, with a plant, calendar or a little something like home-made jam. Let them know you care.
4. Meet your neighbors. This is a great time to have an open house at your house, with the express notion of everyone getting to know their neighbors. Keep it simple- make it short and convenient.
5. Hold a holiday party for past clients, sphere, neighbors. This can be more elaborate. You can create a nice holiday tradition. If done annually, people will begin to ask you in Oct/Nov when you are scheduling your party. They'll want to schedule around it.
6. Check your listings. Make sure they show well- decorations are not over the top, the house is heated if it is vacant, check with the sellers to make sure the pipes are wrapped in parts of the country where that is necessary.
7. Attend as many events/parties as you can comfortably manage, without feeling overwhelmed. This is a wonderful time to meet new people and network. Everyone always ask,' What do you do?" The next question is almost always, "How's the market?" Make sure you have your "elevator speech" prepared, regardless of market conditions. (Ask for emails!)
8. Contribute to a community event or charity. Show that you are a valuable member of the community or neighborhood: volunteer at your church, carol in your neighborhood, collect food or toys for those in need.
9. Send out holiday cards and make calls. This is essential!
10. The most important: take the time to enjoy family and friends and the holiday traditions you have created.
What will YOU do?