We had our bi-weekly office meeting today. Usually, our meetings are followed by a presentation on various topics related to sales or real estate. Today, the topic was Negotiating for Realtors. I wanted to share some hightlights:
1. Keep your emotions out of it. Always be the steady and stable one for your clients.
2. Don't lose sight of the goal - the goal is a signed contract.
3. Use technology to your advantage. Negotiate via fax and phone. Don't negotiate through email.
4. Control what you say. There is no room for drama and emotion.
5. Keep your commission out of it.
6. Continually refer back to the client's motivation. This is an important point. What's most important to them?
7. Win-Win or No Deal.
8. Don't be afraid to ask.
9. Don't burn bridges. A very important point. You want other realtors to look forward to working with you.
Thunderstorms moved through this evening. The lightning and thunder were terrific. I always have enjoyed thunderstorms/showers, as long as they cause no damage. There seems to be an energy/excitement in the air that you can feel. We put up the porch swing this weekend, so I sat on the front porch as the storm moved through. I love the the smell of the rain in the air and on the asphalt, and watching as the sheets of rain blow across the front yard. We were needing rain badly, so this shower really helped.