Social Network Use Among Realtors

By
Services for Real Estate Pros with QuantumDigital
There was some discussion and surprise over the stat that QuantumDigital cited during its survey of the real estate market, specifically that 67 percent of real estate professionals are now part of an online social network. We decided to dig deeper into that number, to show how we came up with that figure.

This was calculated by simply asking the question "How have you used Social Networking sites in your role?", and below is the chart of the responses (multiple choices were accepted per response, thus they do not total 100%).

SocialNetworks1

What is surprising, to me personally, is that 33% of agents are not using social networks, given the buzz around them today. The remainder (67%) indicated that these agents use social networks in some form or fashion. So, we can trust that this group represents a broad spectrum of agents, of various levels of activity on social networks. Some may be continually logged into something like Facebook, and others may have logged on once, and are users nonetheless.

An interesting follow up survey would be to list out all the major social networks and get a detailed usage analysis of each of them. If anyone knows of other surveys out there that deal with this question specifically for the real estate community, please let me know!!
close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Sales and Marketing
Tags:
marketing
survey
myspace
facebook
social networks
marketwatch
twitter
activerain
online marketing
quantumdigital

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainer
207,498
Shane OnullGorman
Eau Claire Realty, Inc. - Eau Claire, WI
Eau Claire Wisconsin, Real Estate Agent & Realtor- Buy or Sell

I think you would have to be crazy not to be using them in some way or another but if agents in my area dont want to get on board thats fine by me.

Dec 15, 2008 05:40 AM #1
Ambassador
2,348,319
Fred Griffin, on leave of absence from ActiveRain
Fred Griffin Real Estate - Tallahassee, FL
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker

We invite you back to ActiveRain in 2016!

    Much has changed since your last visit to ActiveRain.  We encourage you to take a look at the "new" ActiveRain website.

Oct 07, 2016 01:19 PM #2
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainer
2,049

Luis Paez

Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention