When will the real estate business get back to normal? We probably all ask ourselves that every day. I've been in the real estate business for over 30 years which ....... could actually indicate my lack of intelligence. But I happen to believe the United States is poised for a mild to strong housing rebound in the spring 2009. I conclude this for several reasons but consider the following:
1. We have a new president (like him or not).
2. Mortgage interest rates are very attractive.
3. New home inventory continues to decline.
4. New home formation continues (colleges are still graduating students and immigration, although reduced is still going on)
5. Our federal governement is and will continue to pump serious amounts of liquidity into the economy.
6. Our government is working on ways to improve existing home values.
Given all these factors, I believe there's a "perfect storm" brewing for a strong housing recovery in early 2009. So!.....enjoy the holiday season and look forward to spring because you are going to be busy. Those are my thoughts as it snow here in Kansas City and the temps outside are 10 degrees about zero. Burrr. Great day to stay in and surf the net. What are your thoughts?