As most people are... I am on Facebook and just joined a group called FACEBOOK BUSINESS EXCHANGE...
There was a question posted about what one could do to improve their business (this group is not specific to any type of business in particular). Here are my two cents:
1) Have goals- small ones at first and reward yourself once you achieve them. *It is a great opportunity now to goal plan for 2009... what do you want but more importantly, what are your goal actions to get there?
2) Become present on the net- least expensive way to spread the word about your business and network like mad!
3) Tell everyone you meet what you do for a living and give them a card. Depending on what type of business you have- make everyone feel a little extra special and let them know you 'will take care of them' if they contact you. Everyone likes to feel special and taken care of.
4) Don't put off to tomorrow what you can do today and while you are at it - start your day early... I just think about my big cup of morning coffee and I can hop out of bed at any hour... well, at least by 7:00AM !!!
5) Treat everyone with respect... be nice to them even if they are not going to do business with you. You can call this avoid burning bridges, the secret or just plain common sense!
Active Rain is riddled with advice on what to do for your business, how to pave the road for your own success and I think you can never read about sound advice too often... a lot of things are harder said than done- we need to be reminded daily... go ahead, post your own 5 tips...