The Federal bank, credit union, and thrift regulatory agencies yesterday posted their new Identity Theft information and it is available for you to review and share with your clients and sphere.
If you haven't yet known someone affected by this, the odds are that you will by the end of 2009. Each day, consumer identity theft grows at an alarming pace.
A few key excerpts from the recent release: (note: you can download the brochure in .pdf format via the link below)
You can fight identity theft - Here’s how:
• Never provide personal financial information, including your Social Security number, account numbers or passwords over the phone or the Internet, if you did not initiate the contact.
• Never click on the link provided in an e-mail you think is fraudulent. In addition
to stealing your personal information, the link may contain a virus that can contaminate your computer.
• Do not be intimidated by an e-mail or caller who suggests dire consequences if you do not immediately provide or verify financial information.
• If you are unsure whether a contact is legitimate, go to the company’s Website by typing in the site address or using a page you have previously book marked, instead of using a link provided by the e-mail.
• If you fall victim to identity theft, act immediately to protect yourself. Alert your financial institution. Place fraud alerts on your credit files. Monitor your credit files and account statements closely.
• Report suspicious e-mails or calls to the Federal Trade Commission through the Internet at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/ edu/microsites/idtheft/, or by calling 1-877-IDTHEFT (1-877-438-4338).
To learn more about keeping your money safe, visit the http://www.mymoney.gov/scams.
To download the new brochure click on the link below.
Download the Brochure Here
This is a great piece to share with your clients, incorporate into a direct mail campaign or website / newsletter update, and just share with as many people as you know.
The 'bad guys' are getting smarter and smarter about finding ways to 'steal' this information from YOU - make sure you take steps to protect yourself, the return on that little investment of time and prudence is excellent!
Tim Mancuso - District Manager
Tim Mancuso is serving as District Manager for Lawyers Title Insurance Corp., and was Co-Founder / VP Global Sales for MyREALTY.com and the GLS - Global Listing Service. Mr. Mancuso has over 20 years experience as a Technologist, Trainer, Coach, Recruiter and Speaker
Tim Mancuso - Industry Expert and Global Director of Sales
'Where Market Knowledge, Solid Technology Implementation, and Great Service meet - you will undoubtedly find Success.' - T. Mancuso
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Real Estate Best Practices
- GLS User Group
Generate More Leads from this Listing
With a Trulia Pro Account
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!