Well, Santa heard you loud and clear.
These are the things to do to get your home sold fast and for the most money.
Remember, there are 4 fundamental variables regarding the marketing of your home.
- The skill of your broker or agent
I will go into a bit of brief detail.
1.Price: You can never know that you have walked away with full price unless the other 3 are done correctly.
"But what if I am a FSBO".... If you are, you have cut out roughly 85% of the qualified, serious buyers.
People think they can save money going FSBO. On rare occasions, that is correct; however, odds are against it.
2. Terms: If you can offer terms, you will tend to make more money. Most sellers want cash-which leaves us with 3 variables.
3. Presentation: This is what separates effective marketing from in-effective. There are so many subtle, unconscious things
working in the buyer's mind, that when your home is not staged, you simply lose money.
I have been staging my clients properties since I took my first listing in the late 80's. It just made sense.
4. The skill of your broker or agent: This is quarterback-the person who makes sure the ball gets to the end-zone.
When interviewed recently by a real-estate trainer, he asked me "what are the essential qualities of a good agent"
I said it would be the 4-Q's: (IQ and EQ-I heard somewhere, but may have created the last 2)
- IQ: Intelligence
- EQ: Emotional quotient
- CQ: Communication quotient
- SQ: Strength quotient
*After years of prodding by friends and associates, this is the first blog of many to come.
So, stay tuned for more real estate talk that can help buyers, sellers and agents alike reach their goals.
So long for now, and Merry Christmas!