Here's some great advice that our good friend, Jim Schwarz sent to us from Center Grove Real Estate Inspections. On cold, wintery nights like this one, these sure are some timely tips!
- Ensure all windows are tightly closed and latched.
- Seal all gaps at doorways.
- Caulk any exterior gaps in siding and trim.
- Ensure all doors completely close easily and effectively.
- Reduce home temperature. Most of us can handle 65F nighttime and 68F daytime temperatures. The lower energy usage will surprise you.
- Ensure the fireplace damper is completely closed if not in use.
- Seal all switch and receptacles in walls to prevent air intrusion.
- Ensure the damper in all bathroom exhaust fans effectively closes.
- Clean the coils and radiator fins under your refrigerator and freezer for more effective cooling.
Thanks again Jim. For more helpful tips, please call Jim directly 317.313.5362