10 Smart Tips For Savvy Homeowners
Here are some tips that I give my sellers when listing their house. It's a mix of domestic wisdom and selling secrets!
- Keep candles in the refrigerator for several hours before use to slow down dripping and make them last longer.
- Have you tried baby wipes on carpet stains? They work so well you will be wondering why no one told you sooner!
- To eliminate strong cooking odors (fish, fried food, bacon, garlic, ect.) heat white vinegar in an uncovered pot on the stove. (Don't boil) Remove after 30 minutes. The light vinegar smell dissipates quickly, taking odors with it.
- After your next party, share flat, leftover beer with your garden. Plants love the yeast.
- Ants hate anything spicy. Sprinkle ground pepper, cayenne, even cinnamon, in their path, and you'll stop them in their tracks.
- Fill nail holes with a paste made from cornstarch and water. Works just as well as putty!
- Your chimney will stay clean if you throw a handful of salt on the fire.
- When a wooden door or gate sticks, bring out the hair dryer. By blowing hot air directly on the wood where its sticking, you will remove the moisture and the swelling will go down.
- Squeaky doors? For a drip less solution, use petroleum jelly on the hinges instead of oil.
- Simmer a sliced apple and a couple cinnamon sticks in water on your stove. Your whole house will smell like apple pie. This one is great for open houses!
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Home Selling
- Eastern Pennsylvania New Homes
- Philadelphia PA - Philly Investing - Real Estate in Pennsylvania
- South Central Pennsylvania Realtors
- Lancaster PA Real Estate
- Lancaster Real Estate
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!